At one time coconut oil received negative press and publicity due to its saturated fat content but modern research has shown that the coconut is unique in its structural make-up and not all saturated fats are alike. The fatty acids in coconut oil, the medium chain triglycerides, do not raise serum cholesterol or contribute to heart disease, but are in fact very healthy. Read the rest of this entry »
This is the home site for Fitness Alliance, LLC located in Overland Park, Kansas owned by Bill Leavitt. My goal is to help people realize their optimal health and fitness potential through professional instruction, guidance, and gained knowledge. By realizing dedication and patience are essential, you will create a perspective that will work for a lifetime. I pride myself on being reliable, honest, and genuinely interested seeing you succeed.
My passion lies in sharing truthful, objective information and dispelling myths propagated by mass marketing companies and uneducated fitness ‘professionals’ caring or knowing nothing about true health or the body sciences.
Beyond sharing information, I am dedicated to designing a fitness process that is personally tailored and progressed appropriately making your exercise time safe and effective, yet fun. More....
WHAT I FOCUS ON
• Safe and Effective exercise design based upon sound Biomechanical Principles contained within the body
• Designing time effective workouts that provide results
• Eliminate worthless, time wasting exercises from your current workout strategy
• Eliminate high risk and potentially hazardous exercises from your current workout arsenal
• Provide objective viewpoint and rationale for each and every exercise assigned
• Progression and Variation of each and every workout. Repeating workouts and counting numbers teaches nothing
• Food recommendations. No worthless diets, meal plans, calorie counting, supplements, or pills. Eating really is the easiest part of getting the body you want.
• Dispel the myths of ‘Cardio’ vs. ‘Weight Training’ stating an Intensity Continuum instead. There is no difference...everything IS Cardio!
• Exercises that may seem the same but utilize multiple forms of resistance, bodily positions, and planes of motion to challenge and strengthen the body neurologically.
• Motivation to include and create simple workouts on your own
• Range of Motion Maintenance and Improvement through neurological assessment, activation, and reinforcement, not passive stretching.
• Fun stuff you may not have attempted since childhood Eighty year-olds jumping rope, hopping and climbing…you bet!
Two words that usually don’t come to mind when you think of the benefits of exercise, right? That’s all right, neither did I for years of working out, competing, and instructing. Read the rest of this entry »
This article focuses on how to keep these connections or as I like to call them, Relay Stations, functioning appropriately. There are many experts out there who tell you to take this supplement or are ready to do surgery, but taking a look back at the structure, capabilities and even limitations we see that there are rules set up in the human skeleton that must be obeyed in order to keep joints healthy for a lifetime. Violate these rules and you will be in the operating room quicker than you can say Glucosamine. Read the rest of this entry »
*As Published in Personal Fitness Professional, 2004
As the fitness industry continues to expand, bringing more and more Personal Trainers in to the industry, it becomes imperative to those of us already in the business continually sharpen and hone our skills in order to stay ahead and on top. Acquiring new skills, increasing knowledge, and finding new tools to work with clients will keep us in demand and ensure long-tem success with clients. Read the rest of this entry »